![]() |
| Thankfully, the daily injections haven't been an issue for me so far. |
On the 4th of February I had a blood test as scheduled, where they check if I have down-regulated by testing my levels of LH, Oestradiol, and Progesterone. As instructed I called Fertility Associates later that afternoon to obtain my results and further instructions. I spoke to a nurse who read my results from my file, and advised that my blood test indicated that I have down-regulated. For logistical reasons, the plan now showed that I am to start my Puregon (FSH) injections and lower my Buserelin dose from 40 to 20 units on Friday 7th February instead of Wednesday 5th as orginially planned. Dave and I are also both to take our doses of Azithromycin on Friday. This is a prophylactic antiobiotic against Ureaplasma, a bacteria known to increase the chance of miscarriage during IVF using ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection). See https://www.fertilityassociates.co.nz/media/1712/updated-fertility-facts-ureaplasma-and-azithromycin-for-ivf.pdf for more information on Ureaplasma.
Following on from my updated plan, I am to take my next blood test on Wednesday 12th instead of Tuesday 11th February. They said it is likely that I will have a scan in Nelson on Thursday or Friday next week (to be confirmed following the blood test) followed by a second scan in Christchurch possibly the following Monday, but also still to be confirmed. From here they will give my Ovidrel (trigger injection) and advise me on when to administer it. I will travel to Christchurch again 36 hours after using the trigger injection for my egg collection procedure.

Great going team! How long after the scan in Christchurch will they likely advise to give trigger injection?
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure exactly, but only a day or two I think. I expect that the second scan, the trigger injection and the egg collection will most likely all happen within the space of a week!
DeleteOh wow that will be a whirlwind week! How exciting 🙂
Delete