| We still have a long way to go! From:https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/pregnancy-week-4#your-body |
I am to continue taking the Utrogestan and Progynova, and have a follow-up blood test on Wednesday to check my hCG is still climbing at an appropriate rate. If things are still looking good, I am to continue my medications until around 12 weeks, all going well. I am also to continue taking folic acid, and to start taking 150μg of iodine per day. I was also advised to contact a midwife, as although visits wouldn't start until around 7 weeks, they can book up really quickly. Pending a good blood test result on Wednesday, I will have an early scan at around 7 weeks (so in late July) to check how things are going.
We are relieved and excited, but also mindful that things are very early (most people would not yet have announced) and we have a long way to go yet.
8/7/20 Update:
Today I had my next blood test, and a Fertility Associates nurse rang me early this afternoon to report my results. My hCG today was 1350, which is very encouraging given they said it should be doubling every 2-3 days at this point. They then checked the medications and supplements that I am taking, and organised to courier me some more Utrogestan. They sent through a referral to Pacific Radiology, and I have since arranged my 7-week scan for the end of the month. Until then, we're just crossing our fingers and taking it one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment