On Thursday I had an early morning blood test and internal ultrasound to check whether my body was responding to the Progynova (estradiol) tablets that I am currently taking three times a day. The blood test measured my levels of LH (lutenising hormone) and progesterone to see if the levels in my body will help provide the right environment for an embryo transfer. The ultrasound examined and took measurements of my ovaries, cervix and endometrium (uterus lining).
At lunchtime, a nurse from Fertility Associates called and said my blood test results look good, and as of Thursday, my lining was 6mm thick, which is enough for the transfer to go ahead as planned next week (though I'm not sure what the reference range is). I'm to start taking the Utrogestan (progesterone) pessaries from Saturday, and continue the Progynova. I will also continue taking folic acid, and the oral probiotic supplement I have been taking aimed at supporting urogenital health through healthy flora (which I obviously cleared with my doctor prior to the start of my treatment cycle).
 |
| The current cocktail, since I'm off the booze. |
We will drive to Christchurch next week for an appointment on Thursday to have one of our two frozen embryos thawed and implanted in to me. This is apparently very straightforward, and we should be in and out of the clinic in about half an hour. We are now at Covid-19 alert level 2, so Dave will be allowed into the clinic with me. Although this doesn't make as good a story as "Dad waited in the car outside while mum got pregnant", it does feel right to have both prospective parents in the same room at least when pregnancy hopefully begins.
Fantastic news , we will keep our fingers crossed for you both xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you xx
ReplyDelete