Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Maybe next time

At 8:00am this morning I had a blood test to check my levels of human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG), which is the hormone produced by certain cells that surround a developing embryo. This is also what many home pregnancy test kits detect. At 4:20pm Fertility Associates called me (after I had already called and left a message since I hadn't yet heard anything) to say my hCG was less than 5mlU/ml, which is a negative result for pregnancy.
Table from Wikipedia showing reference ranges for hCG from last menstrual period (LMP)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin#Testing
We are fine as we hadn't allowed ourselves to become particularly emotionally attached to anything yet. At this point, we're mostly feeling frustrated about the logistical side of things dragging out even further. The plus side is we still have one frozen unaffected embryo, and we can go back to Christchurch next cycle to try having that one implanted. In the meantime, I am to stop taking the Progynova and Utrogestan, and to call Fertility Associates on my next day 1. All going well, we could potentially have the remaining embryo implanted in a month or so. Onwards and upwards!


No comments:

Post a Comment